This short guide will help you to quickly configure the connection to the OANDA and get to work on PTMC platform.
- First of all, you should download PTMC trading platform of desired version (32 bit or 64 bit), as well as make sure that your PC complies with the minimum requirements:
- Windows: 7/8.1/10
- 2 GHz processor
- 2 GB dedicated RAM
- 70 MB available disk space
2. After installing the application, you need to open demo or real account by clicking on the appropriate links on the OANDA broker page.
3. After opening the account, you need to enter your Login and Password into Logon Screen, select Connected to OANDA Demo or OANDA Real. All connection settings already entered automatically, so you do not need to enter anything.
Click on Log In and start your trading with PTMC. This video explains the whole install process in details.
!!! What is the OANDA v20 Trading Engine?
The v20 trading engine is the new evolution of OANDA's trading engine and has been designed to provide superior order execution. PTMC doesn't support this type trading engine! More information about this new trading engine here
If you register demo/real account at the first time, you should to contact with OANDA's support team via their online chat and ask them to change your account type which will be compatable with PTMC platform. It's very simple procedure.
!!! Important for Japanese users
Due the fact that OANDA has different types of verification for some countries, users from Japan should follow this instruction to connect to this broker.
1. Open the link https://www.oanda.com/demo-account/login
2. Login (by using your account)
3. Confirm the data
4. Choose the API option
5. Generate your personal token
6. Open the PTMC Login Screen
7. Fill in the fields:
Login - It's your login (registered by you or sended by broker)
Password - It's your personal token (from the step №5)
8. Push the "Log in" button
If there is no OANDA broker in the connection drop-down list, you should to:
- make sure that you use the latest version of the PTMC trading application.
- launch Logon Screen and click on the button “Connection Settings”
- Add new connection