How to connect PTMC platform to Interactive Brokers?
This guide will help you to configure connection to the Interactive Brokers and start working on PTMC platform. If you consider this manual to be not clear enough, please watch our video manual or leave your comment under this article.
- First of all, download PTMC trading platform of an appropriate version (32 bit or 64 bit), and make sure that your PC complies with the minimum requirements:
- Windows: 7/8.1/10
- 2 GHz processor
- 2 GB dedicated RAM
- 200 MB available disk space
3. After opening an account, you need to download and install IB software (TWS or Trade Workstation) on the web site. Also, you may use IB Gateway. Then enter your User name and Password into TWS or IB Gateway received from the broker and click Login:
4. In the opened TWS platform it is necessary to set up connection: Configure -> Settings. Select API section - > Settings and check Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients box as well Read-Only API:
5. Then, go to API section - > Precautions and check all boxes:
6. After setting the connection parameters, create a new connection in PTMC platform. Enter the Host name - localhost:7497 (enter your own Socket Port from API - Settings in TWS):