How to create multi connection with Interactive Brokers and IQFeed?
In previous manuals we showed you how to connect Interactive Brokers to PTMC platform. In this guide we will help you to create multi connection with Interactive Brokers and IQFeed. If you think that this manual is not clear far, please watch our video manual or leave your comment under this article.
Using multiple connection allows you to configure multiple data providers with brokers or with OMS (Order Management Systems), systems that are responsible for trading order execution. Due to the fact that Interactive Brokers shows historical and real time data for Forex instruments only, you need to connect additional data provider to get historical and real time quotes on other markets.
In this case, let’s configure the connection to IQFeed:
1. First of all, you need to download and install the IQFeed client on their official website:
2. Open demo (trial) or real account on their website.
3. Next, set up a multi connection between IB and IQFeed. For this, go to Settings, create a new connection, set the name of Interactive Brokers + IQFeed, and, as the primary connection, select Interactive Brokers. Make sure that the field Host name contains the following data: ‘localhost: ____’ with your Socket Port:
You can create several Sub Connections with different data providers.5. Click OK and enter your Login and Password received from Interactive Brokers in the Login Screen.
6. After you launch PTMC platform, enter a trading symbol in the Lookup field and select a necessary instrument.
7. The Symbol Mapping Manager panel appears automatically where you need to select Vendor (if they will be several), Vendor Data type (Quotes + History / Quotes / History) as well as create link between Trade and Quote symbol. As well you may open this panel via Tools -> Symbol Mapping Manager and create trade links manually.their website.
Have not tried PTMC yet? There is no better way to boost knowledge than to use it! Start trading with PTMC now!